Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Zoo

Yesterday we went to a zoo with Liam, the director of his orphanage and a few of his buddies. They were kind enough to take a new family photo.

 

Caia got to do some fun things, like feed birds and a baby binturong. Liam was scared of some of the animals but it was good news for me because I got to hold him lots!

Liam is quite a little charmer! I learned that he doesn't like it when I wear my sunglasses and he always pulled them off my face, nor did he like my hair in a bun. He's also quick to open every zipper or pocket on a purse/backpack that he can find. Good thing a bandaid kept him occupied for an hour.

The deer were so tame that the kids could pet them.

Liam has a fever and possible ear infection so we didn't see him today. We'll take him for a visit alone with us tomorrow. Today we've enjoyed our hotel. The pool is terrific, and I love this view when we first walk outside.

The sun is so intense. Caia loves hanging by the pool but she's covered like this pretty fast.

We do have an unexpected visitor: this lizard or gecko! Still trying to determine which it is. I took this blurry photo in a mad dash because my 2 travel mates aren't so fond of things with tails. The funny thing is I quickly coaxed him out the door, turned around to gloat and watched him sneak back under the door and run for the bedroom! We're told they're very common in Thailand, especially since our room opens to the outside. But I'm hoping he's found another room to crash in the rest of the week.

Sunday, March 10th

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

6 comments:

Rae said...

Great photos! It sounds like the perfect day (except for the lizard)!
I hope Liam's infection clears up quickly and you have a wonderful day with him tomorrow!

Laurie said...

Your son is absolutely gorgeous and I am so happy for you and excited that you have arrived safe and sound and beginning to bond with Liam. I hope that his ear infection clears up quickly and that we will see more family photo adventures.

Beth said...

Such a lovely photo of the four of you. Glad you're getting some time to relax. Thailand looks positively heavenly. That pool is so cool. Keep the updates coming - saves my from my report cards:)

Monica said...

Love the new family photo! How special that Grandma Dar is traveling with you again.

Liam's petite size is great in that he must be easy to carry! That's one thing I've always appreciated about my Claire-bear.

I hope Liam feels better soon. In the meantime, I'm glad you get to enjoy that lovely pool! It looks like a dream.

Can't wait for another update.

Anonymous said...

Jade and Scar quite jealous of the zoo pics! Auntie quite jealous of the hotel/pool pics! Looks lovely. xoxo CN

Anonymous said...

Hi Shea, Caia, Liam and Darlene,
Thanks for the update on your trip and for sharing your bery precious first photos and experiences. We are so happy for you! Tobi says hi to Caia and "I miss you!"
We hope that Liam is feeling better soon and that you can continue to explore all that the area has to offer as a new family. Liam is absolutely beautiful...your first photo made me cry! All the best to everyone..
Keri and Tobi

Post a Comment