I was worried about how we'd communicate with a 3-year-old but it's gone very well. He's learning English words everyday and we use gestures to communicate too. His favourite phrases are "thank you very much", "1 more", and "all done". He says "no way!" a lot but in a funny way, not naughty. Like when Caia said her favourite food is chicken nuggets and Liam replied "no way!" And whenever he wants to get my attention he says "hey, mommy!"
We also got a list of Thai words that they used a lot at his orphanage. They spoke a northern dialect of Thai, which I was told is slightly different than the Thai spoken in Bangkok, so I'm glad to have this list. We use "nam" a lot, which means water. I'm not sure how to spell this word but "ca-nome" means candy/junk food and he often asks for it.
We have a stroller to use in Bangkok and Liam loves riding in it and Caia loves pushing it. Win/win for me.
For my grade ones...here's a photo of Stanletta with a view of Bangkok in the background. This is the view of downtown Bangkok from our hotel window.











3 comments:
So hilarious that pool outfit! Seems like he's fitting right in ! Gotta love that chicken soup. At this moment, lots of heat sounds heavenly with the big dump of snow we've had and the minus 15 temps.
It sounds like Liam is doing fabulously! And you too! Definitely a good setup there with Liam in the stroller and Caia pushing it :)
He is so cute, and it is sweet to see Caia as the big sis in person at last!
Love the pool outfit! Poor little guy won't know what to think when he comes home to snow and cold!
So cute that he says 'hey, mommy!". I bet that melts your heart. :)
Post a Comment