Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Heading to the Beach

We're heading to the beach at Hua Hin tomorrow and I can't wait. We've been feeling homesick the past couple days so it will be good to get out of Bangkok for a few days. Thank you for all the comments and emails. They give us the link to home that we need on long days. I had to take Liam for another medical exam this morning, his third this week, which meant more time and money. It's another step in the process but it can be frustrating and tedious at times and I was feeling that this morning. I'm hoping this won't delay his visa. We've already had a delay because the person who processes the visas has been away all week. Hopefully everything will fall into place so we can come home April 3rd.

Liam, wearing Bugles as nails. How do kids in Thailand know how to do this too?
He saw Caia kneeling down to colour so he imitated her, even though he could barely reach the table. He always moves to be beside her when they're eating or playing and it's so sweet.

Liam is an entertainer and a charmer. He's really bonding with Caia and I love seeing their relationship blossom. But it is an adjustment for both kids as the learn to share people and toys. He's a typical active toddler with interests that include pushing buttons on the remote, turning lights on and off, and flushing the toilet 20 straight times. I have to keep reminding myself that everything is new to him and the novelty will wear off, right? We tried to go to the mall yesterday and that didn't go well. Liam gets way too overstimulated and wants everything and that leads to meltdowns. Mostly his...;)

This was Liam wearing clothes that are about 10 sizes too big for him.

I keep thinking about how overwhelming all of this must seem to him. He had a predictable life at the orphanage and now everything's changed. I think he's doing amazingly well considering he's only been with us 10 days. He tries so hard to do what we're doing. As soon as Caia puts on her pyjamas he goes running to find his. His latest act is to pretend he's Santa by standing on the coffee table table and yelling, "ho ho ho, merry kiss-ta-miss-tis". It's hilarious. He also says "I wuv you", especially at night. He has the sweetest little soul.

I do feel like we're falling into better routines the past few days. He does much better with an earlier nap, and if Caia and I lay down with him there are no tears and he's asleep within minutes. He has an amazing appetite for someone so small. I've learned to tell him "all done, no more" when he's down to the last couple bites of his favourite food. He is insane for chicken sausage at our breakfast buffet. He starts asking for "chicken" the first minute he's awake and trying to limit sausage at breakfast hadn't gone well until I started the "all done" routine. So we're starting to figure each other out.

March 23, 2013

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Penpimol said...

Thailand has one snack called "Thong-muan" or Crispy/Golden roll (Thong means gold, Muan means roll), similar to crispy crêpe, main ingredient is coconut milk...Most of Thai kids like to put these rolls in 10 fingers and eat them. Photo of Liam with Bugles as nails reminded me a lot of Thong-muan. You might see Thong-muan in BKK one day. You can find this snack in Oriental groceries in Toronto for sure. I bought it in Chinese grocery in Ottawa. Now you know the reason why Liam learnt to put Bugles in his nails:)

Rae said...

The curiosity of a toddler! Had you forgotten all that? :) And Liam will be doubly curious with so many new things to see and do, and all those extra buttons and switches to push. So much fun!

Post a Comment