Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Liam tomorrow

We get to take custody of Liam tomorrow! He's still had a fever and is on stronger antibiotics today so hopefully he'll feel much better tomorrow.

We've been visiting him everyday. They pray before they eat. How cute is my son when he's praying?!! He often sits cross-legged like this and I think it's adorable.

He's always happy at nap time!

I am very excited to take Liam back to the hotel tomorrow but I know it will be a hard day for him and the people at his orphanage. He is so loved there. We've gotten to know the nannies and orphanage staff and they're wonderful. They took excellent care of my little guy. They're so happy that Liam has a family but they'll miss him very much, and he'll miss them too.

It also breaks my heart to leave the other kids behind. We know their personalities and they're all wonderful kids. I'll miss playing with them everyday and seeing Liam interact with them. The kids are so loving and welcoming. I get teary thinking about leaving them behind and saying goodbye tomorrow. If there's one thing I've learned through this adoption it's that I would adopt a slightly older child in an instant. I'll be honest that When I started this process I was hoping for a baby. But meeting these "older" kids in the orphanage has changed my perception, and I hope they find their Forever Families too. I'll never forget them.

We've been busy sightseeing the past couple days. We went to an umbrella factory and saw how much work goes into making Thai umbrellas. Caia had a chance to help pound the paste into paper.

There are lots of food carts and shop stalls in Chiang Mai.

Today we went to the Doi Suthep Temple, which is high on a mountain above Chiang Mai. The gold temple was beautiful.

Today we went to the biggest zoo to see the pandas.

This was Grandma and Caia at the penguin exhibit.

We're looking forward to having Liam with us all the time. I just hope tomorrow isn't too upsetting to him, though we're prepared for tears and a few rough days. Hopefully our visits with him will make the process easier. Please keep all of us, as well as the orphanage staff and kids, in your thoughts. Adoption creates such intense emotions for everyone involved.

March 12, 2013

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

Rae said...

All of the children at the orphanage look adorable. I wish you could bring one more home with you for us!

Chiang Mai looks like a lovely place. I know it will be hard for you to leave. You will all be in our thoughts tomorrow, we hope the transition isn't too difficult for Liam. He will miss his friends and nannies for certain, and I know you will too. Sending you a big hug for what will no doubt be a hard day.

Gerry said...

It is now tomorrow and you are together as a family - good luck to you. Will send good thoughts and cyber hugs your way for a smooth transition for everyone.

Beth said...

Prayers coming your way for as smooth a transition as possible. So nice that you've had time to see lots and spend time with him. They all look so adorable. Great also that you've gotten to know the staff etc. as you'll be able to tell him lots later on that he won't remember. Good luck and have fun on the next part of your journey.

Post a Comment