Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Getting settled

Life is busy, busy, busy. I think it's a combination of having a toddler, an active boy, and 2 kids. There's always something to pick up off the floor or wash. I do feel like Liam's made some huge gains the past few days, especially with his speech. He's suddenly talking in 2- or 3-word sentences, like "mama sit here" or "Liam chocolate milk". You can just see his little brain working overtime to remember words. He kept saying "mama eat" and offering me his food but I soon realized he was meaning "mama feed me". I can only imagine how frustrating it's been for him to not be able to be able to communicate with us.

He's a restless sleeper at night and is awake for 1 or 2 hours sometimes. He still has some pretty good meltdowns, which is to be expected with all the changes in his life and being 3. But they're getting fewer and far between. Caia has been a great role model and as he gets familiar with routines everything is easier. The first few weeks were a bit of a blur but I'm starting to feel like my feet are on the ground again.

I'm trying to figure out if he'll be right- or left-handed. He uses both hands equally so it will be interesting to see if he develops a preference. He's getting much better using crayons and will choose to sit and colour sometimes. He's come so far in the 7 weeks since we met him, especially with his fine motor skills.

Liam is crazy about hats, even when he's eating lunch. He calls this his moo hat.

Waiting for big sis to get home from school. He found this Elmo backpack and put some toys and snacks in it. Whenever we drop Caia at school or pick her up Liam has to wear his backpack too. At home he'll put the backpack on and pretend he's going to school and he always says "have a good day!" I guess I say that to Caia a lot!

He learns so much from the big kids. Here Caia and her cousins were playing school and Liam was an attentive student. Does he look ready for preschool in the fall??

April 28, 2013

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

With all those big cousins to learn from, he'll be ready for preschool in no time!!

Beth said...

I love reading the updates. Good that you can stand back and realize how far he has come. Life must be so much different now and it's hard when you're in it to see the big picture sometimes. Good for you. Kids are soooo resilient aren't they? Can you imagine plucking one of us from all we know and starting all over!! It's mind-boggling that they do so well so fast. What a little sweetheart! Keep them coming, so lovely to read about you new family and how everyone is doing. We think of you lots. Today Ava found something we bought but never did get to you since our trip was cancelled. She wanted to take the wrapper off to 'help' Liam so when we did finally get it there it would be ready!!!! Yeah right kiddo! Hugs

Rae said...

He's come so far in such a short time. Such a sweetie he is.

Post a Comment