Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Goodbye Thailand


In a few hours we'll be leaving Thailand to start a 40-hour journey home.  I'm leaving with mixed emotions.  I'm ready to get home and find our new normal but I'm sad to be leaving Liam's birth country.  We've been thinking about this trip for so long...I can't believe it's over.

We have 2 overnight flights and some long layovers.  I can never sleep on airplanes but I sure hope my children can!!  I'm hoping for flights that are on time, good health, and little turbulence.   And bags that check-in within the allowable weight limit.  I have Liam's visa in hand so hopefully the good luck will continue today.

I have to say a huge thank you to my mom for sharing this journey with us.  She has a lot on her plate but she still came with us with little notice.  I can't imagine doing this without her support and 
guidance.  I especially appreciated her help adopting a second child, since she helped out a lot with 
both kids.  I can't thank you enough mom and we love you!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

6 comments:

Beth said...

You are awesome Grandma Dar! We knew that already:) Safe home. Can't wait to hear you are all back in your home as a new family. Hugs

Kathy said...

Glad you have his Visa and can now complete the journey and get home. 40 hours, I can't even imagine. Praying for safe travels and good kids. Your mother is a true blessing and these are memories she, you and the kids will treasure forever.

T.Janzen said...

Have a pleasant, restful and uneventful trip home. Yes, your mother is such a blessing for all of you. It will be nice to get home and settled into the life of mother of two!

Safe travel.

Monica said...

Yes, thank God for Grandma Dar!

Safe and peaceful travels to you all. Wishing you minimal jet lag when you get home as well. I look forward to hearing more from you back in Canada.

Until then, lots of love,

Monica and family

Rae said...

Wishing you a safe, uneventful journey home. We can't wait to see you and meet Liam. Bryn has been asking and asking when Caia comes home, she's missed her tons!

Thanks to Grandma Dar for helping keep you all safe and for her part in bringing Liam home!

Love to all,
Rae, Girard and Bryn

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Best wishes as you journey home. So happy for you all. Your mom is an amazing lady...so wonderful that she was there for you for both adoptions.
Love to you all! xox
Carolyn and family

Post a Comment