Liam is settling in amazingly well. I can't believe we've only been home a month. He loves playing outside, playing with his cars, and going for car rides. His English improves everyday. It's cute when he mixes words up, like confusing hot and cold. He'll shiver when he eats a Popsicle and say, "too hot!"
Doesn't he look old here? He's gained almost 4 pounds since we met him and grown 2 cms. He's still off-the-charts small but he's gaining. He's still wearing size 9 month pants but shirts, pyjamas or overalls he's 12-18 months.
I bought this scroll at The Umbrella Factory in Chiang Mai and it's my favourite souvenir from Thailand. The colours match a lot of other things in his room and it will always remind me of Liam in Thailand.
Never thought I'd be putting a crib back up but it's now beside my bed and he's sleeping through the night most of the time! I had a little portable crib up but the bottom was hard and he didn't have much space in it. He loves this crib. He's a thrasher so he has lots of room to flip around at night. He still falls asleep holding my hand and I think he likes being able to see me through the slats. Eventually he'll move to his room but right now I want him to feel safe and attached to me. And we both function much better with a full night of sleep.
He loves taking pictures with Caia's old camera. He kept holding it the wrong way so there were lots of photos that showed his shirt! He loves taking photos of the cats and follows them around the house.
May 9, 2013











2 comments:
oh my Shea! So much to be thankful for:) I love the brother boy pillow case, think I know where that came from. I can hardly think about what it was like with just the two of you now...and I haven't even met him in person. He seems so sweet and I'm sure he'll continue to thrive in such a loving and happy family. Have fun. I'm sure you're looking forward to a summer with those two (and all the others as well:) Hugs,
Love the updates on Liam -- it's hard to believe it's only been a month, for some reason it suddenly seems like you've always been a family of three. Strange how that works!
Post a Comment