Powered by Blogger.
RSS

1 step forward...

and 2 steps back right now.  For the past 2 months I've been waiting on one signature for final approval so I could start booking travel.  This signature comes at a board meeting, which happens twice a month.  There was a board meeting on January 23rd and my file was finally on the agenda...but they ran out of time and didn't get to it.  But because they are so far behind on approvals an extra meeting was scheduled for January 28th and my file was finally presented!  BUT there was a question about some paperwork so they're waiting for clarification on that, meaning everything is on hold once again.  I'm afraid I'll have to wait to be presented at another board meeting, which could mean a delay of another month or two.  Best case scenario would be that the paperwork gets sorted out without another board meeting and the delay would only be a few weeks, but at this point I'm preparing myself to wait for another board meeting and hoping that my file doesn't go to the bottom of the pile.

It's hard to stay upbeat right now.  I'm so tired of the delays.  I'm tired of watching the calendar and waiting for news and sleepless nights.  My agency had thrown out a potential departure date of Feb.17th but that won't happen now.  To be so close and have another problem arise is infuriating.  But what can I do?  It's out of my hands.  For now the suitcases are closed because I don't want to get myself excited about travel because it's a long hard fall when it doesn't happen.

February 2, 2013

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

Katie said...

So sorry you have to keep waiting, but I am glad they are trying to get through the backlog! Hopefully you will be able to travel soon!

Rae said...

The wait is so incredibly hard, and yours has been extremely difficult.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and am hoping thoughts of your son keep you going til you can be together.

xxoo

Monica said...

No, no, no! I'm just cringing as I read this, knowing you have already had to face too many obstacles and delays! How disheartening, Shea. Please keep the faith and know that we are thinking of you and praying that this is the.last.delay.EVER!

xoxo

Monica

Post a Comment