I'm going to go crazy waiting for this referral. I want to see his face and know exactly how old he is. I'm realizing there's a big difference between ages 1 and 2. Will we need bottles? Should I set the crib up again? Since Thailand is mainly a toddler adoption program I really didn't think I'd be going back to baby stuff, but I'm thrilled with that possibility.
To try to keep my mind busy I pulled out Caia's old clothes and looked to see what Brother Boy could possibly use. I was pleasantly surprised by the pile I pulled out. A couple jackets and a snowsuit, jeans, and some t-shirts. I'll buy him a few sleepers but I'll admit that I'm cheap enough to reuse yellow and borderline-girly sleepers at home. I'd rather spend money on cute new outfits instead.
Until I know his exact age and size I'm trying not to buy too many clothes, but I couldn't resist a few items. These swim trunks scream Thailand, and I'm a sucker for overalls of any kind. And anything with elephants!
I'm also getting a care package ready because I'll need to send it as soon as the referral arrives. His paperwork is already in Bangkok and my agency said I'll have the referral by the end of June. Travel would be 1-2 months later so we should be traveling this summer. :)
I've had this little elephant for a few months but it was a "she" with a pretty pink dress. Luckily our friend Rae found more boy-appropriate attire so the boy elephant will be going to Thailand! I also found this panda textural blankie, and another soft blanket. I just have to decide which of these I should send in his care package and which I should save and give him the day we meet him. Decisions, decisions. Must stay busy right now.






1 comments:
Staying busy shopping is a good thing! Little boy clothes have come a long way in the past few years, it's as much fun shopping for boys as girls. I love the swim trunks you got, they're adorable!
The end of June really isn't too far away but I'm thinking you can do a whole bunch of shopping in those 3 months! Brother Boy is going to be one well-dressed little man. Have fun. :)
Post a Comment