Powered by Blogger.
RSS

The Lake

We had a fabulous trip to the lake.  Sun and sand are good for the soul.  I tried to really focus on this being the last trip for the 2 of us.  Caia's 6 and pretty independent so the trip was very relaxing.  But it was hard at times because my son should've been there with us, instead of in an orphanage on the other side of the world.
Brother Boy is never far from our thoughts, and I was thrilled to see this blue elephant canvas in a shop.  It'll hang happily in his room until he comes home.
My 5 nieces spent part of the holiday with us.  I paid a lot of attention to 2-year-old Scarlett, knowing that Brother Boy will be very close in age to her.  I wanted to remember what being 2 is all about.  Like catching minnows by sitting in the water and waiting for them to come to you.  Clever!

We went to a little museum and Scarlett put on a bunny costume.  She said, "I'm a bunny.  I can hop".  Then she started hopping around the museum, yelling "ribbit" at the top of her lungs.  Note to self:  don't let Scarlett teach Brother Boy about animals.  :)
Next year there will be a little brother either running alongside Caia or chasing after her.  I can't wait.  The cabin's already booked.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

Rae said...

I LOVE your new elephant print! It will be perfect in BB's room. Your last photo of Caia is perfect. She looks so happy and carefree, just like a little girl should. Next year's trip to the beach will be a little different with a little boy surrounded by all those lovely girls!
Scarlett's bunny sounds cracked me up. :)

T.Janzen said...

Been keeping an eye on your blog for good news.. I remember waiting for 6 months to travel after Sam's referral. No advise bit just thoughts coming your way.

T.Janzen said...

That was good thoughts!

I can't believe Caia's going into grade one. She is a sweetie!




Post a Comment