Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Nothing New

I'm still waiting and trying to stay optimistic and calm.  A few weeks ago my agency said Thailand was still completing paperwork and it would be a few more weeks.  Okay.  Then last week they sent an update that said the 3 matched families should receive their referrals "in October".  What?!?  When I spoke to my agency worker she said the social workers in Thailand have been busy with domestic cases (child neglect and domestic adoption) and those cases take precedence, and that it's hard to predict when I'll get approval.  She's still hopeful that I'll get my referral sooner but who knows anymore?

It's torture knowing that my child grows older everyday.  His region is especially notoriously slow for approvals, so I have to prepare myself that other families with my agency could get approval first.  Already I'm seeing families in other countries receiving early travel approval and it's so incredibly frustrating.  Great for them, but I'm 3 years into this process and the timelines keep getting longer and longer.  It's hard to stay upbeat some days.

So we're escaping to the lake for 2 weeks.  I'm looking forward to unplugging from technology for a while. 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Keri Albert said...

Hi Shea and Caia,
This is Keri, Tobi's mom. We just got back from our holiday at Jackfish lake and I thought I would check out the status of your adoption. I noticed that you are still waiting. I feel for both of you! This must be so hard! Especially because it is just a matter of waiting for travel approval. We are home now and will be around (mostly) for the rest of August. We would love to get together when you come home. Our number is 934-7068. Or you can email me! I also have a cell and love to text... 270-2940.
Looking forward to catching up with both of you.
Keri

Post a Comment