Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Delays

I don't know why I'm surprised but it looks like I won't see my referral until late July.  I'm so deflated right now.  I've known about my son for almost 3 1/2 months now, and I was told that I should see the referral "by July".  That seemed like plenty of time to complete the paperwork and send me the referral but I guess not.  I've heard rumours that a few recent matching meetings have been cancelled, and that they're very short-staffed right now.  I guess the reason doesn't matter because either way it's very, very frustrating.

The one positive is that my agency representative is heading to Thailand in early July and promises to get more information for me.  Even knowing his name or birthdate would help me right now.

I was thinking that it was 7 years ago this month that I first started the paperwork that led me to my daughter.  Then I realized that I've spent almost 5 of the past 7 years waiting on a referral (Caia and now almost 3 years waiting for my son).  Unreal!  No wonder I feel completely wrung out right now.

I read this quote and I think it perfectly sums up my life right now:

"You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards.  So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.  You have to trust in something--your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever.  This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life."

Steve Jobs, Harvard University, 2005


Those dots better be connecting soon!!!



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Rae said...

Your frustration level must be at its absolute peak. Steve Jobs was a very wise man, try to trust what he says is true! I know you're a firm believer in destiny, so it will all work out in the end the way it's supposed to. That doesn't make it any easier right now though, hopefully the time will pass quickly for you now that the fun-filled days of summer are here! Enjoy your last days as a mother of one!
xxoo

Post a Comment