But she's very excited to think about a brother now. I think it helps that Brother Boy will be young. She's hoping that she won't have to share her stuff as much with a baby boy, as she would've with the older sister we were expecting. She's enjoyed picking things out for him, especially because it's the opposite of what she would choose, so I think there's less rivalry involved so far.
Of course there are moments when she worries about him crying, or breaking her toys. She also worries about whether the two of us will have some alone time, and still be able to do some of our favourite things together. I assure her that grandma can babysit BB and we'll still have some girl time. It will help in some ways that she'll be in school full-time next year so I'll have 1-on-1 with my son while I'm on parental leave, and we'll have our family time, but I'll also try to have a mama and Caia activity once a week. Or maybe he'll go to bed an hour earlier so we can have some quiet time. Either way we'll figure it out.
My colleague Doris made this beautiful knitted blanket, with matching teddy bear, for BB. Isn't it amazing? It's the perfect size for his crib or toddler bed. Big sis Caia has a weakness for little stuffies, so when she saw the teddy bear she said she'd take care of it for BB and has been carrying it around ever since.
I found this minky receiving blanket kit and Caia thought it would be perfect for BB. She helped me sew it together. It's reversible and the blue flannel is incredibly soft, as is the chocolate brown minky fabric. I see beachy starfish on the blue side while Caia sees starfish-shaped cookies. Either way I think this will be a great blanket for the hotel and airplane, especially once he sees how big sis is attached to her blankie. I'll be interested to see how he reacts to it, if he'll be a cuddler right away or not. It doesn't look like they have air conditioning at his orphanage, and the cribs are pretty bare, so he may not be used to having a blanket around him at night. I really wanted a blanket that would be soft against his skin at night, even with the heat in Thailand.
Big sis has also appointed herself fashion advisor. We saw this shirt at a store and Caia thought this would be perfect for the board meeting, where we need to dress up. She kept saying, "but mom, he doesn't have anything to wear to the board meeting. We have to get him this shirt". She also chose the monkey sleeper. Check out the feet!







2 comments:
BB's new blankie is lovely, it looks sooo soft and cuddly.
I think Caia has inherited her mama's shopping skills. :)
very sweet. love picking out a new blankie! good job girls.xoxo c
Post a Comment