Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Flooding



It's 2012 and I'm very hopeful that this is the year that we'll meet our newest family member in Thailand.  It's been a long wait.  I reached the 2-year expected wait in October 2011 and was hoping for a match.  However then Thailand was hit by the worst flooding in 60 years, and even Bangkok was flooded.  The flooding lasted for weeks.  Adoption in Thailand basically came to a standstill.  It was heartbreaking to see images such as above and know that my daughter was living there and I couldn't do anything to help her.  There were rumours that adoptions would be shut down for months, but luckily things seem to be getting back on track.  I'm at the matching stage now so I'm hoping to hear news from Thailand in the next few months.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Rae said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that 2012 is your year to celebrate!

Post a Comment